Volunteering for Village SCAT will give you the opportunity to interact with many Village residents. Our riders need transportation for a variety of reasons and you are helping them maintain an independent lifestyle in our community.
For further information please call us at 501-915-0087 or John Plautz at 262-366-5315.
Volunteers are needed to answer the phone and schedule rides. We are located at the corner of Desoto and Carmona.
Assignments can be tailored to accommodate your availability. Training is provided. Shifts are 10:00 – 2:00, weekdays. Schedulers usually work 1-2 days a month.
You can help as a volunteer driver:
- Hours are flexible and scheduled at your convenience.
- Drivers will drive a minivan to pick up and deliver passengers. Destinations may be doctors’ or dentists’ offices, shopping or other personal appointments.
- All destinations will be within HSV or within a 10 miles radius.
- Drivers are scheduled for 4 hour shifts, weekdays from 8:00am until 4:00pm.
- There is no minimum time commitment; however, often drivers sign up for 2 or 3 shifts per month.
- No special driver’s license is required, but a 3 year clear driving record and passenger endorsement on the back of an Arkansas license are necessary.
- SCAT insurance covers volunteer drivers.
A training video for locking down wheelchair ramps may be viewed by clicking on Driver Disability Training
Other training sessions are provided at a Village location by SCAT.